Most people with strong technical skills get promoted because they are good at their job. But these “functional” experts often struggle in their new role as leader. The good news is that it is likely not their fault. They were probably never taught to lead.
In this session, you will learn:
- The top three reasons why great tech talent often struggles to become savvy leaders.
- The key leadership skills that every tech manager needs to learn
- How HR can help managers to develop core leadership skills
- A three-step model to enhance leadership competence and develop even the most reluctant leaders
- A process to implement leadership training that sticks