In an era where the tech industry plays a pivotal role in shaping the global landscape, the imperative for fostering truth, reconciliation, and decolonization has never been more profound. Join us for a transformative session as we delve into the heart of a critical conversation – and explore what organizations can do to deliver on the TRC’s 94 calls to action and what it means to decolonize our work.
This session aims to bridge the gap between intent and action by delving into how tech organizations can authentically address the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s (TRC) 94 Calls to Action. The TRC’s mission to address the historical injustices against Indigenous peoples resonates beyond national borders, extending into industries that wield substantial influence, such as technology.
Learn how to challenge the status quo by examining what it truly means to decolonize work within the tech sector. Participants will critically evaluate current practices, structures, and biases that may perpetuate systemic imbalances, and will collaboratively envision pathways toward decolonized, inclusive, and equitable workplaces. Join us in this vital conversation that has the power to reshape the trajectory of the tech industry and its impact on society. Be part of the movement that leverages innovation, compassion, and social responsibility to create a future where truth, reconciliation, and decolonization are not just ideals, but lived realities.
- Insightful understanding of the TRC’s 94 Calls to Action and their relevance to the tech industry.
- Practical strategies for tech organizations to integrate reconciliation efforts within their corporate frameworks.
- Exploration of decolonization principles and their application to tech workplaces.
- Real-world case studies showcasing successful integration of reconciliation and decolonization efforts.
- Empowerment to initiate important dialogues within your organization about fostering meaningful change.